I was born in St. Petersburg, and moved to the United States with my parents at the age of 14. When I was a child in Russia, my mother used to take me to the cinema to see old Hollywood films from the 30s and 40s. I fell in love with the charm and elegance of that era, which affect all I do to this day.
This passion compelled me to study fashion at Parsons School of Design, from which I graduated in 1985. In the next fifteen years, my childhood dream was achieved, when I worked as a designer for companies such as Polo Ralph Lauren, Emanuel Ungaro, and Anne Klein.
In 2000 I realized that even though I still loved the work, I wanted to explore creative possibilities beyond Seventh Avenue.
- Knitwear design clients include Jill Stuart, Badgley Mischka Platinum Collection, Pierrot, Charles Alexander, and Stetson.
- Illustration clients include Collector Edition Barbie, Polo Ralph Lauren, Chocheng, and America Retold.
- Fine art exhibited at the Atlantic Gallery in NYC.
- Limited edition art prints sold though The Portfolio Collection in Europe, and Parker-Jordan Fine Art in North America.
- Part-time assistant professor at Parsons School of Design.
Even though my life is in NY, I work with clients worldwide and would love to hear from you about possible custom projects, collaborations, or something else.